Are you thinking about selling your Gwinnett County home? If you have lived there for all while, no doubt you have accumulated your fair share of clutter. Now the task becomes what to keep and what to get rid of in the way of family keepsakes and mementos. This is especially true if your children are older now and you are thinking getting rid of their things when they were much younger. We all know this can be a difficult task to face. Deciding what to save and what to discard from their childhood can and often is an emotionally stressful decision. Hang in there, help is on the way!
The Steps to Less Clutter in Your Gwinnett County Home!
Here are a few simple tips to helping you de-cluttered plus we will help you navigate the emotionally charged event of deciding how or what to do with your children’s keepsakes. You know you can’t just toss those saved “report cards” from elementary school or that “beautiful smocked dress” when your little girl was 5 years old. So what are you to do to make sure your Gwinnett County home is free of the clutter that can often stall a sale?
- Consider securing outside help for the job. As strange as it sounds, having a neutral third party examine what should go and what can stay will help make the job easier. Listen to their advice and remember that they have no vested interest in the items you may be struggling with.
- Save some the “most cherished” keepsakes and turn them into art! Consider making a collage of photos when the kids were younger and add that report card or that special memento and add it to the collage. Create a shadow box for small keepsakes to display in your next Gwinnett County home.
- Have your grown children decide what they want to keep and what can be donated to a worthy cause. Often they can help relieve your home of the clutter.
- Speaking of worthy causes, why not donate those “superfluous”items to Goodwill or other well-deserving nonprofits. Here is where having that non-bias voice telling you it’s ok to give away that toy or garment will help you through the process.
- And the last option is to organize those dear keepsakes and place them in a vault. Placing them in an out of the way location to help free your home will allow that prospective Gwinnett County home buyer to see beyond your personalized home to the real value it conveys!
A Caring Neutral Voice for Change
As Gwinnett County home selling experts, we have helped countless home sellers through the difficult task of deciding what to remove as clutter and what to keep. The good news is we will do the very same for you. Making sure your Gwinnett County home sets the proper stage for your success is our goal. If your are thinking about selling your Gwinnett County and need to know just how much your home is worth, we can assist with offering you our expert opinion. This market-savvy opinion will be based on recent Gwinnett County market data to ensure we are accurately setting the right price for your Gwinnett County home. Click or call us today at (770) 979-3228 for your complimentary Gwinnett County home evaluation.
Until my next post,