In case you missed it, Forbes.com recently compiled a “Best List” for affordable retirement cities and Atlanta was listed as the number 9 city. Not only is Atlanta a vibrant, hip city for young professionals and families, it’s also a migration magnet for those over the age of 65.
So Why Include Atlanta in this Best of List?
Atlanta is first and foremost affordable and a desirable place for retired Boomers to spend their golden years. Other positive characteristics sought out by seniors include:
- Accessible, outstanding health care facilities. Emery Healthcare is a recognized leader in health care.
- Affordable Metro Atlanta home buying options. Because low-maintenance living is key for seniors, Metro Atlanta offers a wealth of home buying choices including high-rise condos, town homes, singe-family homes, age-restricted communities and villas. There is something for every taste and every budget.
- A wealth of Metro Atlanta recreational opportunities for active senior lifestyles including golf, tennis, bowling, walking, hiking and biking.
- Convenient, affordable Metro Atlanta mass transit system. Baby boomers who prefer to take advantage of our mass transit will love life in Metro Atlanta. The combination of the MARTA and the associated bus system makes getting around the Metro Atlanta area a breeze.
Here is a list of Metro Atlanta communities for your consideration:
- Gwinnett County Area Information
- Fulton County Area Information
- Forsyth County Area Information
- DeKalb County area Information
- Walton County Area Information
Speak Out Metro Atlanta
What other qualities about Metro Atlanta make our area appealing to Boomers?
Until my next post,
Margaret – Your Metro Atlanta Real Estate Agent Experts