Before your head spins off your shoulders, allow me to make a case for building a new Gwinnett County home now. For those Gwinnett County homes buyers who have saved for a down payment, have cash for closing cost, and have solid credit scores, now might be the right time to purchase a new home here in Gwinnett County.
Have you noticed interest rates are starting to creep north? I recommend you keep a sharp eye for interest rates. As you know, our economy is wobbling and every international news update seems to impact our national economic picture. If you have superior job stability with the other items noted earlier (cash & credit) and you have your legitimate reasons for buying, why not consider building a new Gwinnett County home.
Consider These Reasons for Building a New Gwinnett County Home
- Lumber prices are actually lower now than in the last few years
- Builders are more attentive to your new home construction project and to your needs. Two or three years ago that was not the case here in Gwinnett County!
- Builders are eager to move unwanted “spec” (speculation) homes to get these homes off their “books”
- Ceramic tile is cheaper today than a year ago
- Materials for solid surface countertops today are rarely back ordered. That was not the case a few years ago.
- In 2006, you would have needed an appointment just to meet with a Gwinnett County home builder or his subcontractors if you could ever get one to stand still long enough to talk to you. Builders and their subs today are hungry and eager to meet and please their clients!
What About You?
Have you purchased a new home recently? If so, would you do it all over again? Are you thinking about buying an existing home or maybe building a new Gwinnett County home? If you have any questions about the Gwinnett County real estate market including homes for sale in Alpharetta, Dacula, Lawrenceville, Snellville, or Grayson, contact the Safford Group for all your home buying questions.
More post will be coming soon – so stay tuned,