It’s no secret we are all looking for creative ways to help save a little extra cash. Whether you’re thinking about buying a Metro Atlanta area home of just looking to save some cash for the up coming holiday season we all need to be resourceful. With that thought in mind, here are a few practical ways to make your Metro Atlanta home more thrifty.
- Wash your laundry in cold water
- Reduce the temperature on your hot water heater to 120 degrees
- At night lower your thermostat and add blankets for comfort
- If you bake or cook, open the door to your oven and take advantage of the extra heat (be mindful of your children if you do this!)
- Also open the door to your dishwasher when it times to the “dry cycle”
- Reverse your ceiling fans to blow in the upward direction. Hot air rises so circulate that warm air in the ceiling
- Replace your standard incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs
- If practical, line dry your laundry
- Replace your HVAC filters often for peak efficiency
- Be sure you unplug electronic devices not in use
Not only will these reminders help you save money, implementation of these thrifty tips will go a long way in reducing our carbon footprint.
5 Creative Ways to Save to Buy Your Next Metro Atlanta Home
In an upcoming post I’ll share with you 5 creative ways to help you save to buy your next Metro Atlanta home.
Until next time,
One thought on “Keep a Thrifty Metro Atlanta Home”